Sunday, March 22, 2009

CVS and printable coupons

There seems to be some confusion whether or not CVS accepts them. My local CVS has accepted every printable coupon I have presented.

To be sure your Internet printed coupon is honored you should make sure of the following:
  1. Print it in COLOR
  2. Use the highest setting on your printer for maximum print quality
  3. Make sure it has a scannable bar code on it

From what I have been reading, on a number of sites no less, is that CVS takes Internet coupons with a scannable bar code at the discretion of the store manager. So apparently it is up to the store on an individual basis according to their manager. I am going to write CVS and see if they will provide me a copy of their official corporate coupon policy. I will update this post once they write me back.

Again though, my local CVS has accepted every coupon I have presented--even if it was printed off my computer. I have heard other people say they have had problems getting them to accept them at different stores so it might be the case where printed coupons are accepted at one store and not at the other. I will let you know when I get my response from corporate.

If you haven't already done so, you should definitely have a copy of the coupon policy of any store you plan to use coupons in. It will help in the case of a dispute. Remember that if it is stated in their corporate policy that they accept printed coupons then they HAVE to accept the coupons. Don't let them snowball you. Be nice about it but keep asking to talk to a supervisor if you run into problems until you win. If they still give you problems then write the company. I will post in other posts the addresses where you can obtain the official coupon policies of Giant Eagle, Walmart, Target and any others that I find.

No comments:

Post a Comment