Sunday, March 22, 2009

CVS shopping trip March 23, 2009

As I am new to this whole CVS thing (I just got my card two weeks ago) I am still on the learning curve so to speak but I am getting there fast. One of the guys at work told me about this whole CVS thing about 6 months ago but it all seemed too complicated to bother with. It really isn't and I am glad I finally "got with the program". By combining CVS coupons, ECB's and manufacturers coupons you really can walk out of there with a lot of stuff and spending very little.

Today would have been about $3.00 out of pocket but the deal they had on the Schick Quattro razor combined with coupons and EB rewards was just too good to pass up (I will just give that razor to my sister--I don't really need it).

Here's what I got today up there at CVS. I walked out of there with more EB's than I spent so that's always a good thing:

  1. 1 Schick Quattro Razor
  2. 1 Crest Pro-Health Enamel Care toothpaste
  3. 1 Dry Idea Roll On Antiperspirant/Deodorant
  4. 2 Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (Buy one get one free store sale)
  5. 2 Boxes Post Trail Mix Crunch (Buy one get one free store sale)

Coupons used (total in coupons : $11.50)

  1. $4.00 off one manufacturer's coupon on the razor
  2. $2.00 off one Dry Idea
  3. $0.50 off one Crest Pro-Health Enamel Care
  4. $1.00 off two Campbell's Soups
  5. Two $2.00 off one Post Trail Mix Cereals ($4.00 total)

Extra Bucks used: $10.98

Extra Bucks received : $11.49 (always nice to leave with more extra bucks than you walked in with.

Total of merchandise before card discounts: $36.83

Before Tax Total minus card discounts : $26.95

Note: Remember--to be accurate on your "Today you saved..." amount that prints out on your receipt you have to take CVS card discounts into account--which amounted to $9.88 today for me.

Total after coupons and EB's (including tax): $5.07 out of pocket.

This would have been even better had I not bought the razor for my sister...but she can use that and I don't need it and since we are both really close with one another it was worth the extra $2.11 on my CVS bill...

From what I have been reading on other sites....this week wasn't particularly great as far as the deals go so all things considered (being new to it and starting on a week with deals that aren't as good as they usually are)...I think I did OK. I saved $32.36 today!

My results will get even better with a little more time at this under my belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment